The Saratoga is a two-story cocktail bar, restaurant, and event space located in San Francisco’s historic Tenderloin district in the original Saratoga Hotel building built in 1908. The Saratoga’s main level features a dramatic bar and dining room designed to respect the buildings’ turn-of-the-century origins. Illuminated shelves display hundreds of artisan spirits for The Saratoga’s cocktail program. The downstairs level is an intimate space with curved marble bar and adjoining dining room filled with eclectic original period artwork. A one-of-a-kind Aquitaine steel and glass chandelier hangs gracefully between the two levels.
The concept for The Saratoga started—as many great things do—over a cocktail. Barman and partner, Brandon Clements, along with the Bacchus Management team, envisioned a bar that put cocktails in the spotlight, supported by a signature menu, and award-winning spirits and wine program. The location for this idea was key and the team saw the potential at the corner of Post and Larkin Streets in the historic Saratoga Hotel building; turning The Saratoga from idea to reality. Together, with the help of designer Stephen Brady, they restored the once lively but long-ignored space back to its original beauty with thoughtful modern renovations evoking the neighborhood’s golden era and bringing The Saratoga back to its rightful position as one of San Francisco’s finest landmarks—with a great cocktail.